- Final paving of side roads along Route 9 is complete
- Paving of mainline is scheduled to begin Friday, 9/27 starting on Route 9 and working West. Crews are currently scheduled to pave on Saturday, 9/30.
- It is anticipated that paving along the west portion of Route 9 will be completed mid-week next week (week of 10/1) weather and conditions permitting.
- New curb and sidewalk has been completed on the West end of Route 9 near Monument Ave. Topsoil, seed and mulch will be placed in this location.
Route 7: Work begins near the Park Lawn Cemetery and continues north for approximately 1.5 miles to Veteran's Memorial Drive (near the Chamber of Commerce).
- Crews are scheduled to pave side roads along the south end of Route 7 next week. Once side roads along 7S are done, mainline paving on Route 7S will begin.
- Crews will continue adjusting structures along Route 7 for the remainder of this week into next week. This work will be ongoing.
- A few locations of curb and sidewalk work along Route 7 are nearing completion.
PARKING: Temporary parking restrictions are now in place within the active construction zones for the following day. Temporary no parking signs will be put in place in advance for areas that are to be temporarily restricted. Please be advised that cars remaining in temporary no parking areas when work commences each morning will be towed at the owner's expense.This is necessary in order to allow construction activities to progress.
SIGNALS: Signals are still in the 30 day trial period. Crews will monitor the performance/phasing of the signals over the next 30 days.
SIGNS: Permanent sign installation will continue along Routes 7 & 9 for the remainder of this week into next week.
67 and 67A: Work begins on Route 67A at the State Highway limit (near the Capstone Church) and proceeds northerly for approximately 3.3 miles to the intersection with Route 67. The project along Route 67 extends from the State Highway limits near the Homestead Mews progressing easterly to the town line of North Bennington and Shaftsbury.
- Paving of driveways and side roads is tentatively scheduled to occur late in the week of 10/1. The scheduling of this work has yet to be confirmed.
- Work on manhole and storm drain structures along Routes 67 & 67A will continue for the rest of this week and into next week if necessary.
- Crews are scheduled to work on guardrail on Friday, 9/28 and Monday, 10/1.
Please focus on safety when driving through the construction work zone and remember, it is against the law to use a hand held cell phone while driving in Vermont.
Contact Natalie Boyle, Project Outreach Coordinator, EIV Technical Services, with any questions or concerns in regard to this project at 802-855-3893 or at email@example.com. For additional information regarding the construction project occurring in Bennington this summer please go to our regional Facebook page entitled “VTrans Rutland Region Construction Contracts”. Periodic updates and pictures may be posted from time to time.