A new report highlighting the economic development challenges and proposed solutions for Southern Vermont identifies The Lightning Jar as a model of entrepreneurial collaboration and an example of public-private partnership to be emulated in other economic development initiatives for the region.
The Southern Vermont Economic Development Zone Committee, comprising local leaders from business, education and government, issued a report outlining some of the economic challenges facing the region, and outlined a vision and 5 recommendations for improving the economic viability of the region.
- To spur business development in the Zone through an integrated strategy
- Implement the Southern Vermont Sustainable Recruitment and Marketing Project.
- Integrate workforce, education, internship and career development programs.
- Create a private-public partnership to attract investment capital to the Zone.
- Define the role of the Committee and/or other groups in continuing the work and its mission.
As part of Recommendation 4, the study states:
Read the VT Digger story here, or download the full report here.